Covid-19 Safety Info
RMT Safety Guidelines Recommended by the Registered Massage Therapists Association (RMTBC), The College of Massage Therapists (CMTBC) and the Provincial Health Officer pertaining to COVID-19 Pandemic
Prior to Arrival
- Phone or Text my cell 250-468-1482 that you have arrived. Please wait in your car until 5 minutes prior to your appointment and Phone or Text my cell 250-468-1482 at the same time. At 5 minutes prior to your appointment, please stand 6 feet away from the front door. When you phone me or text me, I will come to the front door and open it.
- Before entering, you will be asked a brief COVID-19 screening questionnaire for the safety of the therapist and other patients.
- If you have a mask with you please put it on before entering premise. The mask will have to be worn for the duration of treatment with the exception of lying face down on the treatment table. I will be wearing a mask for the duration of your treatment as well. If you do not have a mask, I will provide you with one. The mask will be worn throughout the treatment – arrival, assessment, treatment – face up, or on your side. If you are comfortable, you can remove the mask for face down treatment.
- If you are a new patient and able, please complete your paperwork (intake form) prior to arrival. This prevents having to clean clipboards and pens frequently.
- Unless required for mobility or personal assistance, patients are asked to come into the facility alone and not bring spouses or children where possible. This is important to promote social distancing in treatment rooms and the larger clinic space.
Prior to Treatment
- If you are a NEW PATIENT, you will be required to complete a “consent to treat” form with me prior to treatment. The consent process involves me outlining my treatment structure and giving you time for questions so you understand and feel comfortable with the treatment process.
Upon Entering the Clinic
- Wash your hands immediately with 60% hand sanitizing solutions provided.
- Washrooms will be closed at this time, so please try and go to the bathroom before your treatment at home. For emergencies, the washroom will be open and your are to follow the protocol on the sign posted in the washroom for washing your hands.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after treatment. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. Take one of the towels provided to dry your hands and place in the laundry basket adjacent to the clean towels. Open the door with another towel and place in basket as well if you desire. The doorknobs will be cleaned prior and after use so please inform me if you have used the facilities.
- All surfaces that are touched daily are disinfected. (This includes massage therapy table, doorknobs, light switches, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and bathroom surfaces minimize transmission of COVID-19).
- A towel will be placed on the office bench for you to sit down on and you can place your clothes and phone also on this towel.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth during treatment if possible.
- Where possible during treatment, keep 2 meters or 6 feet apart (social distancing).
- Patients are spaced every half hour to enable me to disinfect surfaces prior to your arrival.
- Payment can be made by e-transfer following your session and if you chose to pay by Moneris terminal at my office the device surface is disinfected prior and after use.
- Avoid touching any unnecessary surfaces during treatment and if accidentally occurs, please advise and I will clean.
Illness Amongst Close Contacts
If a close contact, a spouse, those you live with or your child becomes ill stay home and self-isolate with your family. There is no penalty for cancelling if you or a close contact becomes ill. Care for yourself and your family following the instructions from the BC Centre for Disease Control:
Only return to contact when:
• Your close contact has been tested and the results for COVID-19 come back negative and you are well.
• OR after self-isolating for 14 days and having no symptoms or fever develop.
• OR being cleared by a public health official.
MANDATORY CLINIC QUESTIONNAIRE
For my safety and other patients, you will be required to answer the following questionnaire three (3) times. At time of booking via the phone, before entry to the clinic and before treatment. This is Standard Protocol recommended by the RMTBC, CMTBC and the Provincial Health Officer to keep everyone as safe as we can.
These are the following questions that will be asked as part of a thorough COVID-19 Screening:
- Are you experiencing any of the following: a fever, a new cough, a worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Have you had close contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness or have you travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
- Do you have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Do you have 2 or more of the following symptoms: Sore throat, runny nose/sneezing, nasal congestion, hoarse voice, difficulty swallowing, decrease or loss of sense of smell, chills, headaches, unexplained fatigue/malaise, diarrhea, abdominal pain, or nausea/vomiting?
- If you are over 65 years of age are you experiencing any of the following: delirium, falls, acute functional decline, or worsening of chronic conditions?